Are you an inexperienced or a returning sewist? The Janome 2206 is the sewing machine for you. With easy stitch width and pattern selection, the device helps you grow your skills with no bullying.
Additionally, it has an inbuilt thread cutter, and snap-on presser feet feature to ensure convenience for starters.
Janome 2206: A nice sewing machines for everyone who wants quality stress-free work
Who is this machine for?
Janome 2206 is designed for:
- Beginners in the sewing industry who have little or no experience
- Sewists who have stayed out of sewing for long
- Teachers recommend it to sewing learners
- It is also familiar with experienced sewists who want stress-free work
Features: Janome 2206 Reviews
Free arm sewing capability
It is more convenient to place your fabric in a broader base when sewing. Thus the free arm capabilities make life easier when sewing tubes of material, such as sleeve or pants hems.
Built-in thread cutter
This feature helps cut both the top and bottom thread when you want to change color. Therefore, it saves you hassles of trying to cut your fabric with scissors while it is still in the machine. Additionally, the feature helps to eliminate fraying.
Pattern selector via dial
The device has an inbuilt stitch pattern selector which you chose by dialing. Therefore, saving you time while making it easy to create and repair clothes.
Adjustable needle positions
This machine has a Center and left needle positions to make removing and adjusting of fabric easier. The feature also makes sewing simple when dealing with materials of different thickness such as satin versus denim.
- Manual tension adjustment to ensure the quality of the fabric is maintained.
- Lightweight making it easy to move around.
- Incandescent light to illuminate the material when sewing.
- Snap-on presser feet to control how the machine holds on to cloth hence prevent tearing and bunching of the material.
- Front loading bobbin to make changing threads it easy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Is it a proper learning machine for minors?
A. The Janome 2206 is for all beginners and inexperienced individuals. Therefore any responsible minor can learn using it without any danger or difficulties.
Q. Does the machine work well with stretchy materials?
A. The machine works perfectly with all types of fabrics. As long as the user can work with the material, there should be no problem.
Q. What needle size does it use?
A. It uses the standard flat back needle of sizes 12, 14 and 16
Final Verdict: Janome 2206
Although Janome 2206 does not have automatic needle threader, it is relatively easy to use. There is no difficulty threading, and the machine attains a maximum speed of 860 stitches per minute. Again, most of Janome 2206 cons are technical and do not affect its usage. What’s more, the machine is cheap and offers quality stitching. Therefore, I recommend it to any beginner or a person who wants stress-free sewing.
Latest posts by Sandy Crowe (see all)
- Guide for Beginners- How to Build Your Sewing Skills - November 17, 2018
- How to use your sewing machine safely | Safety Tips for Sewing Machines - November 16, 2018
- How To Remove Embroidery From Your Clothing | Step By Step Guide - November 15, 2018